What Are the Symptoms of Kidney Stones?
* Severe pain in the side and back, below the ribs
* Pain that spreads to the lower abdomen and groin
* Pain on urination
* Pink, red or brown urine
* Nausea and vomiting
* Persistent urge to urinate
* Fever and chills if an infection is present
When to see a doctor
Make an appointment with your doctor if you have any signs and symptoms that worry you.
Seek immediate medical attention if you experience:
* Pain so severe that you can't sit still or find a comfortable position
* Pain accompanied by nausea and vomiting
* Pain accompanied by fever and chills